My Gram made her Chicken Divan for a banquet the other day and it was so good that I asked her for the recipe! It turned out that she had already given it to me at Christmas time in a recipe box that she gave everyone! I had to alter it a little as Bear can't eat soy. Here it is!
- White sauce or 2 10.5 oz cans of cream of chicken
- 2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey
- 20 oz of cooked broccoli
- 1 cup of American cheese
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt (to taste esp. if using white sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
To make this dish soy free we used white sauce, canola based mayonnaise, and matzo bread crumbs.
Bear really liked it! He kept saying I like broccoli!!!! Bella only had a bite but she was not hungry.
Post a Comment